Aug 21, 2012

A Tribute to a Fallen one

It seems that days and nights go by so fast.
It started before the weekend. Thursday I got up super duper early
2:15am to be exact and was out the door by 3:08am
to drive down to Galt to pick up my Mom, sis and friend of Mom's
to drive down to SF for Mom's procedure. We got there
on time with some time to spare, 7:15am.
It was a beautiful crisp cool morning with Fog still
present. While we were waiting, one of Mom's good friend
showed up, Katie, and we got to visit with her. She is living in SF with
her daughter, all her children except for one lives in SF.
Skip to Lunch. Katie's daughter's Nanny, (did you get that?) recommended
a little restaurant not to far from where we were, so we decided to
go there. It's called:
It's a French restaurant. Note: every time my Mom has a procedure where
she has to fast she is always hungry for pancakes. So she just assumed that
they would serve Crepes, since they were french. Sadly they did not, at least for Lunch they don't.
Sniff sniff.
Skip to 5pm. I dropped my Mom, sis and mom's friend back at their home in Galt.
I thought, okay it's 5:05pm, surely I can get home within an hour and 10 minutes. I was
banking on that. I was soon on my way and making good timing, when I approached
the 59th over pass and everyone was slowing down very quickly. What the ?
All along the over pass were fire trucks, fire men, police cars, Lights flashing
and they were all looking out at us. I thought to myself, okay that was weird.
We all started speeding up again and getting back up to cruising when
again we approached the next over pass and again, everyone were slowing down, (almost screeching
to a halt). Same thing, lots of Fire trucks, police cars, fire men, Oh and lots of Flags of our
US of A. I had no idea what was going on. I listened to the radio and finally someone came
on and mentioned  that there was a procession happening soon in Honor
of Sgt. Mote, who was killed. This tribute to Sgt Mote was displayed at every
over pass from 59th St in Sacramento all the way to the East Bidwell over pass in Folsom.
It was a sight to be seen. I was fortunate enough to witness the actual
procession drive past me in the car pool lane, a Police Motorcade along
with the Hearse and  Fire trucks as far as the eye could see making their way
up the hill to their destination. I've never seen anything like this before.
In Memory to a Honorable Soldier, I didn't know him
but I pay tribute to him and to all those that have
given up their lives  for our Country.
Rest in Peace dear one.

"georgie"

No comments:

Post a Comment