Apr 11, 2009

Easter time Saturday Style






While Luke and Maya are here we are getting alot of grandkid time in. My family room looks like a tornado went throught it, heck the whole house looks like a cyclone, or it did, I just cleaned it up. But I love the mess, that means that happy little children have been here and there's always smiles and laughter and giggling and..... well you get the picture. Derek and Tacie were over, that means puzzles, dress up, Go Fish, Old Maid, Disney movies, Shrek 2 this time. I have to admit it I love it, and David called through out the day yesterday asking, are the kids there yet? He loves it when they are here, He acts like a kid when they're here, he puts new batteries in his remote toy truck so he and Derek can play. Luke is great, cuz he's the chef, whatever they want he will make, and then there's the pile ups on the air mattress. Luke and the kids pile up on each other and run through the house giving piggy back rides. David and I went out to dinner during this time. This morning Luke made the kids breakfast, usually I make waffles, or pancakes, but I didn't have any eggs. Luke got up earlier and put the kids easter baskets together, so when they woke up there they were, ready to be attacked. We let them have a couple of pieces before breakfast. After all they're at GG's, (grandma for short). Then the Great Easter egg Hunt, I always put a few $1 bills and quarters, dimes and nickels in some of the eggs, that's just tradition. It's like Christmas, well almost, yesterday, Luke, Maya, Cecelia took the kids to Chuckycheese and took them out shopping for some spring clothes, so of course I had to get them a little something. They are getting so big. Tacie is talking so much. She is not afraid of spiders, this morning she came and told each one of us that "theres a spider over there", she already killed it. My girls are afraid of spiders, so Tacie did not take after her aunts. Can't wait to see them again next week. What would we do without children?, they are so innocent and make you love life, because they love life and they are amused by the simplest things. So precious.

1 comment: