Apr 2, 2009

Lemons and Hydrangeas





It was a beautiful April afternoon today so to celebrate my friend Claudia's 55Th I invited her over for lunch. Claudia and 55 do not go together, she is the most youth like woman I know. She will try and do anything. I just love her. She brought with her one of her 26 grandchildren, little 1 year old Wendy, Bonnie's daughter. She is such a cutie. She is one and she likes to sing. Claudia says she finally got a musical grandchild. She sings, and she is plunking the piano. So I guess Grandma is going to teach this little one to play the piano real soon. She seems to be drawn to anything musical. She was beating our drums that we have in the family room. Okay, I took some pictures of my lemons and hydrangeas before they got here and then forgot all about taking pictures of our lunch. You'll have to trust me that it was good. On the menu: "SPRING SALAD WITH SLICED STRAWBERRIES & BALSAMIC VINEGAR DRESSING
ORZO PASTA SALAD
QUICHE LORRAINE
CROISSANTS
and for dessert:
MINI-CHEESE MARS CAPONE CAKE TOPPED WITH STRAWBERRIES
Is your mouth watering. Mine was. We both were so hungry. We caught up on all our kids. That's the best part. We have known each other over 20 years and it has been wonderful. I don't think we have aged a bit, at least inside. She has such great wisdom, insight, faith and such a great testimony of the gospel. I truly love her as a sister. Happy Birthday, Claudia.

No comments:

Post a Comment