Jan 8, 2010

Out with old, in with the New Year!





David and I don't normally exchange presents. Although I did get him an MP3 this year, Mackenzie helped me by putting some of his favorite music on it and we presented it to him. David and the kids always asks me what I would like and they know my pat answer is: peace and harmony and us just being together. Honestly that's all I want. I have no wants. I have no other joy, than to be with my family. I love us just hanging out and talking and laughing. My adult kids love to tell me things they use to do when they were younger because they know I can't do anything about it. Sometimes I plug my ears and start singing la la la la. Cecelia will want to chime in and share, but then I will warn her kiddingly "hey you still live at home I can still ground you". LOl. Pretty soon she too will leave the nest. But until then I can still enjoy having her home. We thoroughly enjoyed Chloe. She is getting so big. We have found out that she loves men. She was not shy at all when she got reacquainted with David, she climbed right on his lap and settled in. It took a few minutes before you got use to me. It didn't take long. Christmas eve night she allowed me to sing and rock her to sleep. I think I sang Eensy weensy spider and Your are my Sunshine at least 20 times. Grandchildren are Grandparents rewards for not killing their kids. It is all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment