Mar 31, 2010

White lace & pinks

They say the "cheapest" way to change up your interior is to splash a dollop of paint on something. I love it when I recieve my PB magazine in the mail. It gets my creative juices flowin and I look for ways to duplicate the look within my meager budget. So this past week as I was perusing the pages I decided to change up my dining room and went to town to painting a couple of my dining chairs. I have had these 4 chairs for about 10 years I paid $25 for the 4 of them at a yard sale. I wasn't able to start on the two of them until late in the evening Last Thursday. I knew it was going to take a couple of coats to cover up the dark brown. And sure enough it did. After I painted them, I was still in the mood to paint, so I took our old worn out bench that sits near in our entry way and decided to put a fresh coat of Benjamin Moore's White lace on it too. It took me probably a good couple of hours to do the first coat. This is the before:

This is during

In the wee hours of the morning when I'm half asleep, I started planning my day in my head. It was a Saturday morning, first thing to do, take the chairs and bench outside in the sunshine and put the second coat of paint on them so they will have all day to dry. While I'm at it, paint the chair that's in my bedroom that needs a sprucing. Then clean house. Oh and have hubby do two things for me. That's how I present it to him. I say, honey I just have two things I would like you to do for me today and then you can do whatever you want. He's pretty good about complying. And to his credit, he did those two things. So here is the:
After


I love fresh flowers in the house so after the chores I went grocery shopping and bought these beauties.



1 comment:

  1. The flowers are pretty. I like fresh flowers in my house too. It just makes me so happy. You've inspired me! I think I'll go and get some fresh flowers today. Love you.

    ReplyDelete