May 26, 2013

***Thankful***

I'm out in Utah just loving up my little granddaughters, but I thought I would pause and to give thanks for the many blessings that I have.


I am thankful to be living in a country that (even though I may get frustrated with where it's heading)
I still have my freedom to choose what I want to wear, to choose what I want to eat, to choose to believe
in the beliefs I want to believe. I know there are countries that do not respect those things,
and therefore I am thankful for them.  
I am thankful for the men and women who have fought for our Liberties
and have died for that. I  am thankful for the men and women who 
put them selves in harms way to protect our freedom and others as well.
 
***

I am thankful for my husband and my children and my family 
and good friends.
I am thankful for running water and electricity. 
I am thankful that I can get up in the morning and start a new day.
I am thankful that I can repent and be sorry and be forgiven
for the errors that I have made. 
I am thankful to know that there is hope and that true happiness comes by 
doing good  and being obedient to God's commandments. I am thankful to know that being happy is a choice and that it doesn't depend on
someone or somewhere to make me happy.
I am thankful for my precious grandchildren. It gives me a chance to 
truly enjoy the little ones, their funny antics and noises that maybe
I didn't  savor when I was a young parent. That's why being a Grandparent
is the Cat's Pajamas, it is simply the best!♥

"georgie"

No comments:

Post a Comment