May 30, 2009

Life simple as that.






Yesterday, Cecelia flew for the first time by herself. She wasn't as nervous as I was for her. She flew to SLC Utah to attend EFY. Cheri's husband, Chris picked her up and he was taking her Senior Portraits today. He is such a great photographer that we decided to have him do this, it's nice to have one in the family. Cheri will drop of Cece on Monday at BYU. I hope she has a good time. It's quiet here at home. Today, David and I went in the morning to buy some more plants for our garden. David does such a good job on the garden, I know we wouldn't be eating fresh vegetables if it wasn't for him. So far we have enjoyed the bounties of fresh spinach and spring mix lettuce. The tomato plants are doing well. So are the other vegetables, I can't wait to eat them. Around noon we decided to take a drive up to Wrights Lake Road to see if the roads were cleared, sure enough they were. It was so beautiful up there. We spent most our time walking around the great meadow a few miles before you get to the lake. The sun hid now and then behind the clouds, then we got a few rain drops and then it would be a little over cast. Good thing I brought us some sweatshirts. David and I kept telling each other that we want to come back every Saturday and do more hikes and some camping. I just felt and over powering feeling of gratefulness of the beauty that Heavenly Father created for us to enjoy. It was a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! The road is open!!! I can't wait to go there! We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Wright's Lake! Thanks for sharing your pictures. They are BEAUTIFUL! Have a nice quiet, peaceful week ;)

    ReplyDelete