Feb 20, 2011

What's in a word?

Blues, The

I loved this movie. But.........



Do you ever have one of those days when your head is removed from any sense of logic or reason? Hormones completely out of whack, Yep that was me. I was thinking about this on my way to Church this morning.
I compared myself to the character Vivian in The Divine Secrets of the Ya ya Sisters Movie. If anyone crossed my way, they better look out, I would not be blamed for their misfortune. Our poor youngest daughter is living with a perimenopausal and my husband is Shep, Vivvi's husband who loves and puts up with her, well, yaya-ness. When I came to a brief moment of lucidness I apologized. I can honestly understand why some women in the 50's were thought to be insane, they didn't know it but they were just going "through the change". I know TMI. You have to laugh about it or you'll just cry.


Me today.

Perimenopause
■Hot flashes and sleep problems. About 65 to 75 percent of women experience hot flashes, most commonly during late perimenopause. The intensity, duration and frequency vary. Sleep problems are often due to hot flashes or night sweats, but sometimes sleep becomes erratic even without them.

■Mood changes. Some women experience mood swings, irritability or increased risk of depression during perimenopause, but the cause of these symptoms may be sleep disruption caused by hot flashes. Mood changes may also be caused by factors not related to the hormonal changes of perimenopause.

No comments:

Post a Comment