Jun 3, 2011

St Helena to home



This is a continuation of our short weekend trip through the Valley of the Vines. It's amazing the time and effort that are put into planting these vineyards. When you look across the valley, they are like a pretty green patchwork quilt.

If you can spare $3,000-$5,000 a night you can rent this place, by the night or month. You can even purchase this magnificent Napa Valley estate. It sits along Hwy 29.

As we drove through St Helena we started getting tired so we pulled up to the St Helena Park and took our quilt out and took a nap on the soft green grass. It was such a beautiful day. This was my view,the blue blue sky with it's puffs of clouds.I can just imagine a small orchestra playing in this Grand Gazebo on a summer evening with kids and parents playing on the grass and tapping their feet to the beat of the music.
This store was one of the reasons why I wanted to stop in St Helena. It's called Vintage Home. I fell in love with it the first time I came here. It had been a few years since we've been here, so I was glad that it was still here. We just window shopped and as we came out we sat on the bench directly opposite of this window. My hubby said to take a picture of it. Can you see our reflection? I thought the picture came out pretty nifty.
As someone said, "I'll be back"....

"georgie"

No comments:

Post a Comment