Mar 25, 2012

dreamy lemon cupcakes

This weekend was a whirlwind. Our daughter Mackenzie and her husband Jared came to town for the weekend. It's always fun when your adult children come home. Saturday was suppose to rain but it held off. Saturday morning breakfast was filling, we made crepes with


fresh strawberries and cream and scrambled eggs. I dropped Mackenzie off to our Miracle


lady "E" who does wonder's with hair, I went to the gym, and David, Cecelia and Jared

were home, Jared catching up on some work on his laptop and David and Cecelia keeping the fires burning.

(Two stories going on at the same time) Made these "to die for" cupcakes late at 11 o'clock Saturday night with Mackenzie and Jared. My good friend Jessica was kind enough to Text it to us. She had made Mackenzie and Jared's wedding cake with this recipe. And oh my gosh you would think you had died and gone to heaven.


Back to first story, So when Mackenzie's hair was done, Jared and I went and picked her up and came home, the two of them went to lunch in our little town. Cecelia had a great idea for us to do, and that is to go bowling. We all planned to do it later that afternoon.




(2nd story)- So here we had this great recipe and the ingredients, and we were all still awake so we decided to Go For It and make these.


1# story. We all headed up to the one and only Bowling Alley in our County. I think, David said it had been at least 20 years since we set foot in that place. I don't know, I can't remember. We put our name on the waiting list and decided to play "pool". None of us play pool, however I didn't know I had a pool shark in "David" that man can play. We were split up in teams of couples and he was my secret weapon that we didn't know about. He hasn't played in such a long time, but I guess, just like riding a bike, you don't forget. Yay! we won. Well, he did without my help. It was hilarious.




2# Story, the recipe to this is very easy. I swear I probably ate 5 of them the next day. I didn't tell David when he confessed that he ate 4. Last night around a 11pm, yes we were still up, we had to have one more, so we split one and of course put frosting on both bites. I found that because they are soooo light and fluffy that you have to freeze them before you frost them, otherwise they will just fall apart. So I'm keeping all my unfrosted ones in a container in the freezer and when I want one, I just pull one out and frost it. Unless of course your going to eat them up in one sitting.




There were 6 of us bowling. I was doing real well in the beginning and for awhile I was actually ahead of everyone, but then they all started catching up to me, and again David took off in points. It was alot of fun. We got done around 7:30pm and we still hadn't had dinner, so we stopped at the store and bought the groceries and we were eating at 9pm. Who does that? I haven't eaten dinner that late since I don't know when. We all were talking about that, we felt very European. After dinner we played Scattergories. This party was not stopping. And that's when we decided, well it's only 10:45pm lets make those cupcakes.


And we did! Went to bed after midnight dreaming of those Lemon creamy cupcakes.




"georgie"

3 comments:

  1. Girl, you can't taunt me with the description, the photos, and the overall lusciousness of those cupcakes and then not post the recipe!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the recipe if you'd like, thanks to Jessica!

    Lemon cupcakes

    1 box of Pillsbury or Betty Crocker Moist Supreme Lemon Cake Mix (I use Betty Crocker its better.)
    1 small package lemon instant pudding
    1 C sour cream
    3/4 C water
    3/4 C oil
    4 eggs

    Mix dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients. Mix for 2 minutes with
    electric mixer. Fill cupcakes liners 2/3 full. Bake 350 for 20 minutes.

    Lemon Buttercream Frosting
    1 C (2 sticks butter softened
    6-8 cups powdered sugar
    1 Tbls lemon zest (give or take)
    1/4 C (un-concentrated) lemon juice (yellow lemon shaped bottle)
    1/4 C fresh lemon juice

    Place butter in large mixing bowl.
    Add 4 C powdered sugar. Then the juice and zest. Beat until smooth and creamy
    gradually add remaining powdered sugar, one cup at a time (can add a few TBLS of milk if too thick.
    Pipe on frosting when cupcakes are cool. These cupcakes will come out so light and fluffy, I put them
    in the freezer to hardened just a bit then it is easier to frost so they don't fall apart. Same when
    making a cake. It's easier if they are cold almost frozen. Yum!

    Note** Jessica says when making the cake she checks it the last 5-10 minutes and takes it out sooner then what the box says,
    she say's that's the secret to making the cake.

    Enjoy

    "georgie"

    ReplyDelete