Jul 15, 2012

The Hide Out part 1#

We got away, let's just say a mixed
Business and Pleasure Trip!
Here's my trusty driver. Destination
Point Reyes Station/Olema,
"The Hide Out". But first, 

 A must stop. We have been coming here for years
Tony's on Tamales Bay. Barbecued Oysters and
Crab Sandwiches.( I forgot to take a picture of
the sandwich.) They only take cash as we learned
years ago, so be prepared. There was sign
we saw ATM to get cash but I never saw
the machine, we came prepared though.

These are soooo good!! We split the oysters and sandwich.
There is something about getting out of the heat and wearing
long sleeve shirts with 63 degree ocean air.  It is so invigorating.
I love the fact that it is only 2 1/2 hours away too. Back story
so I had been trying for days to get a place either in Point Reyes or nearby
but the deal is, all the places are a 2 night minimum and we were
only going for one night. So the next best thing was a half hour to 45 minutes away.
Early Saturday morning, ( can't seem to sleep in) I started surfing the net
again to check for vacancies and maybe just maybe I could call and see
if by chance some of these places would take a one night due to a cancellation.
I found a vacancy but I wondered if it was too early to call, it wasn't even
6:30 in the morning. Well hey, if I didn't try, what did I have to lose? So I not only
called but I e-mailed. Well no one answered, of course, but
I thought I'll continue to get ready, who knows, at least we had the
other place. A couple hours later, "Kelly" the proprietor called, I said, "I know
you normally have a two night minimum but would she consider a guest for one night,
she said "we were in luck and that  she had had a cancellation, and it was ours!"  Yes!! My
determination paid off.  Now, the dilemma, I hoped that it was still early enough
to cancel the other reservation. I decided to go for it, after all they were a
Chain and I'm sure they could fill the room easy enough. I called,
and after talking to "Jenny" from an unnamed Outsourced customer service, I will not
say but it rhymes with Cyndia, ha ha, she said that she spoke to the hotel and they
would cancel and refund my reservation.  Yay, happy happy dance!!  Mr. Hubby
doesn't know how hard I work on to plan these things, but that's okay, we 
got the "The Hideout"!
 Look, they even have a personal sign
of "Welcome" to greet you when you arrive.
When you arrive, it is a self-check in,  you just get to
your cottage, the doors unlocked with instructions inside.
Perfect!
Part 2# coming up!
"georgie" 

No comments:

Post a Comment