Feb 27, 2012

Chalking it DIY again

So as I was stalking some of my favorite blogs I came
upon another great DIY easy peasy idea that I knew I could probably do and didn't take lots of time.


Time is one thing I don't seem to have a lot of . Which drives me crazy. I work part-time but, my days off or evenings are full of lists and things I have to do. I'm sure I don't have to tell
any woman this, every woman out there is the same way and I am no exception. So when I can squeeze some "me" time, I jump
at the chance.


Case in point,
The other morning I had to take a load to our local hospice store and then
a whole bunch of empty boxes to the recyclers. I knew they were in two different directions
so that was going to take time and then hurry up and get home to do some yard work.
As the kind gentlemen was unloading my car he noticed all my boxes and asked me
what I was going to do with them, and I told him. He quickly pointed out to me
that they had a recycle bin for them just around the corner of their building.
I said "Yes"! that totally saved me 20 minutes.

What was I going to do with those luxurious 20 minutes? Well go into this store and
look for silver serving trays for that DIY project that I was obsessing about, by george!
Sure enough the first aisle I cruised down I found one and after about 4 or more times
going up and down the aisles, I found another one, Score!!
If I remember right this one was $3.50 and made in Italy, by golly.


And this one was about $3.00 and real silver too.


I had just enough time to go by Home Depot on the way home and
run in and get Chalkboard spray paint, I think it was $4.00.
I don't remember, I just know it was cheap.


I couldn't work on them right away when I got home so they had to sit on the table all day
until that night when again, I had some free time. It was probably 9:30pm when I
could start on it, maybe 10pm, I just couldn't wait to see how they were going to turn out.


So there I was standing outside by the back porch light spray painting these
things. Hubby just rolled his eyes at me, but then he started getting into it.

I let them
sit outside for the night and the next day I came home for lunch from work and gave them both a second coat. By evening I took the tape and paper off and they came out like this.
I think they make great gifts, so I'm on the hunt for more trays. Cecelia has already wrote
messages on them like "What's for dinner?"
I know, I know..............Anywhoo, thanks to whomever I saw
this idea on. I love it!

"georgie"

No comments:

Post a Comment