May 8, 2012

sisters, new friends and lunch

So my older sister, Dawn called and asked if she and her 3 friends could come up for Lunch. I
was more than happy to play Host. They get together once a month, they call themselves "2nd Tuesdays" and do an activity.   Isn't that a wonderful idea?  So they decided to drive up to our Little town and walk around the Antique stores and
have lunch. 
 Since I was making the Lunch I decided to call my younger sister, Rhonda and asked her if she would like to help me cater this small group for our older sister.
She said, sure, she decided that she would take care of the dessert and fruit and
I would handle the Main dish and bread.
It was a perfect May day. 
Rhonda and I really got into it, with making the table and atmosphere like a
outdoor cafe. The last thing was writing out the menu on my
Homemade chalkboard and cutting fresh flowers for the table.
We joked about, how she and I were suppose to have our own Bed N Breakfast
and  I reminded her, that she'd have to do the cooking and
I would be the maid.
     Oh to dream........

The Ladies came and coincidentally with no ahead planning, they all wore
green. With quiet music in the background we sat them out
on the patio and started serving them, first with Lemon iced water and
so forth. They asked us to join them.
It was wonderful to get to know these ladies and can call them
our new friends. After Lunch, Rhonda gave us each honey
that she had  bottled from home. Coincidentally it was honey from a bee hive that came from our tree in our old back yard here in Placerville. Kinda neat how
it all came full circle.
ta ta for now! 

"georgie"

1 comment:

  1. Oh the joy of sisterhood. I love having sisters. And I'm so glad that my girls have each other too.

    ReplyDelete