May 7, 2012

So fun, what a weekend!

So Much to talk about, just don't know where to start. It seems
like Life gets so busy, I mean crazy busy and why do I sign up for this? It's because
I'm a maniac and I love to do much.
This past weekend, Mr. Cole and I got up early Saturday morning and
drove down to daughter  M and her hubby's place in Berkeley to help them move.
The drive was nice, I got to sleep while Mr. C listened to whatever he wanted.
The new marrieds were now moving to their new place
just an hour away. I have to say I love Bay area weather. The Sun was shining, the breeze was blowing and Mr. C and I were going to make a
get-a-way weekend out of this after their move.
Any-whoo, we got them all moved in,
ate lunch at Baja Fresh, after-all it was Cinco de Mayo, ladies and gentlemen.

We said our good-bye's and went on our way.
I had booked our night's stay in Menlo Park. Why you ask?
good question.  My sister had told me about this House Tour
(rather Mansion tour) in Woodside which was near Menlo Park and so the nearest
accommodations I could find was in Menlo. Now I have never been there before, but
for some reason after I booked it, I heard some not so nice things.
But the Place looked good on the Internet. Here was hoping. I was
crossing my fingers.  I have to say, I did good. It was really
nice.  It's called "The Red Cottage Inn and Suites."
http://www.redcottageinn.com/   The room was perfecto!  So
the Tour that we had plans to go to is: http://filoli.org/  I was telling
my hubby we have lived in this state all these years, he was even born here
and we had never heard of this place until my sister, Dawn told me. I  had googled it
and read up on the history of it. I love History and the tour was
so worth it. Mr. C enjoyed it as well.

I highly recommend taking a weekend or even just a Saturday and
head down to Woodside and take in a tour. There is an admission fee, but
you won't be disappointed.  Every time we go some place I have to buy
Mr. C either a baseball cap or T-shirt. A baseball cap it was. 
After the tour, Mr. C wanted to drive to the coast, since we were this close I said,
"Why not?" I still wasn't driving, so I didn't care.
The weather got cooler, probably in the high 67's I'm thinking.

We then drove up Hwy 1 heading towards back home, but the drive
was so nice. (I use "nice" alot, sorry)  Mr. C was born in the bay area and he wanted to
to drive by his old stomping grounds, we drove by his old neighborhood and house
twice, going real slow.............. with him telling me where so and so lived way back when, and how his home looked so BIG back then, they all did, when you're little. 
It was cute, he told me " and there was the so and so's old home, they don't live there any more and how so and so liked him, but he was too shy and so she married her
next-door neighbor, but then they got a divorce and so on and so on. 
I just laughed, and said, "oh you were too shy".  So cute. 
We probably spent about 45 minutes or more driving up and and down and in and out
of  his neighborhood and how their street use to go to Foothill Blvd, but then
they put in 880, I think it was, and everything kind of changed.
Awe the memories. 
 It was a nice weekend
with my honey. He happily indulged me with good food, Cold stone ice cream
 and
(. . . ) aka Mama Mia.  Ha!

"georgie"

No comments:

Post a Comment