May 25, 2012

Washing Bubbles and Suds oh my!

So summer is almost here.
So a little over a month ago I found a dry laundry detergent recipe and I thought
why not try it? It can't hurt. My skepticism was that it said it only took 1 - 2 tablespoons of
the detergent to one load of wash. I bought all the ingredients almost all of it
at Walmart. Came home and mixed all together, no cooking, the only thing
was that I had to grate a bar a soap. And a bar of soap of my choice.
It made a very large batch, so big that I had to put it in a bigger container.
I got a smaller container and put a portion of it to keep in my laundry room. 
It has now been over a month and I have barely used
any maybe a quarter of the  gallon container.
They are right about that I might be able to get over
600 loads of wash from this recipe.
It is saving me ginormous amounts of
$$$.$$
It smells good, it's safe for front loaders too.
I highly recommend it!!
Here is the recipe:
1 (4 lb 12 oz ) Box of Borax
1 (3 lb 7oz) Box of Arm & Hammer Super washing Soda
1 (3 lb) Container of Oxy-clean
2 Bars of Zote or fels Naptha Soap Note: (I use whatever
kind of bars of soap I have or like.)
2 (2 lb) Boxes of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda or 1 (4lb) box.
1-2 (55 oz) Bottle of Purex Crystal Fabric Softener (optional)
Note: ( I used one Bottle. )
Mix everything together and put it in a Bucket. You can divide into smaller
containers. Takes 1 - 2 Tablespoons per Load. ***Yes only 1 -2 Tablespoons.
That's it.  This is a 1 Gal Container. I started using it
April 12th. Can you believe it? I have more of the
recipe in a separate and larger container for refills.

"georgie"
Happy Washing!


No comments:

Post a Comment