Mar 7, 2011

Dreams and floor plans

What do you dream? Do you dream movies or episodes? If my dream was an episode it would be the HGTV channel. For example: the other night I was dreaming Floor Plans and I woke up the next morning wanting to change things up a bit. So what can I do with my limited space? It all came to me in the wee hours of the morning. So last night, I decided to make a "quote" living room in the front space of our tiny "basement apartment" and moved the TV and chairs into it and moved what was the twin bed/daybed couch into the 2nd space where our "suite" is. I will post the transformation soon. My husband thinks I'm crazy but he went a long with it because I needed his help moving the TV and all the components that go a long with it. It was going to be a cinch because all "he had to do is drill a hole through the side wall and put the TV cable through it to bring it to the TV on the other side." We're talking about less than 6 inches. It took me/us about 2 hours for the whole move. It's amazing how men are when the TV isn't useable they don't know what to do with themselves. As soon as I hooked up the cable to the TV and turned it on (which was the first thing that got moved) he was a happy camper. After that all the rest of the moving was bliss, because he could watch, listen to it during the process. Men!
They are funny creatures.

Any way, if you are a Somethings Gotta Give fan, then you will recognize these floor plans they are almost exactly like it, an office was thrown in and only showing the first floor. But I am a die hard fan of the interior of this home.



I love this Swedish clock in the background, one of these days.....


I designed my kitchen after her's as much as possible down to
the drawer handles.


I looked forever for the fabric of her dining room
chairs but when I saw the cost, I decided I could live without it, but someday I would like to do something similar to it.


I did however find a vendor back east that made rugs just like the
ones in the living room and bought them, actually an affordable
price. They have other colors too. If you are interested
in the vendor just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment