Mar 29, 2011

Lemon and Lavender


Lilies and Dandelions

is a new blog that has some wonderful ideas, one idea that she uses is

lemon and lavender

to clean almost anything. A couple of months ago I went looking

for some lavender oil, and found some at our local Body Basic's shoppe in

our town and tried Lilies and Dandelions recipe. It turned

out great and it made my house smell so fresh and clean. Her recipe is

as follows:

All Purpose Cleaner:

There are so many recipes, but this is her personal one.

She say's she uses a little more lemon juice because she doesn't particularly care

for the smell of vinegar.

Feel free to play around until you are satisfied!


One part White Distilled Vinegar to 1/2 part of Lemon Juice
A few drops of Lavender Essential Oil
Combine into spray bottle.

She say's that she uses it in the kitchen and bathroom.... you name it.

If you feel that it leaves a smudge add extra vinegar.

After dabbling with the lavender oil,

it made me think about Lavender and rose water. I remember

Linens and Things use to carry it and I always wanted

to get some. So I goggled recipes to make Lavender water and

or Rose water and it turns out that it's pretty easy. I

watched a demonstration on how to give your linens a

crisp and fresh look. After making up your

bed and if you have a cotton coverlet or cotton

duvet or comforter, give them a spray or spritze

and smooth them with your hands. Not only

will they look better they will smell

wonderful.

P.S. Their lavender water was a spray bottle of

fresh or distilled water and a few sprigs of

fresh lavender or fresh rose petals.

or Recipe 2#

2 cups water (distilled)
3 TBS vodka
15 drops Lavender essential oil

Directions:

Mix the essential oil and vodka together then add water. Seal in a jar
or bottle and keep in a dark place for 2 weeks before using.

I haven't made recipe 2# because I
didn't want to buy a huge bottle of vodka for 3 TBS.
But I heard it works fantastic.
Let me know if you do make it, I would love to hear
what you think or if you have any suggestions.
If you like what you read tell a friend, new
followers are always welcome!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment