May 18, 2011

The Door

It has now been a little more than eight months since we've been in our little niche. It's been warm and cozy and every night as I snuggle under my covers I can't feel so thankful to have a roof over our heads, compfy beds with warm downy covers, food in our tummies and electricity. What more can one ask for?
Some people have far less than this. Our room is just eight feet wide, my side of the bed looks to this door (pictured below). It looks like a hobbit door. It is kind of querky with it's vintage panels and slide lock from the 1930's. One's imagination can wonder what adventures are through that door. But I know.
So as I lie on my bed and listen to the rain fall on this May day, I give thanks to the many blessings that I have and enjoy. This chapter will soon end and another one will begin just like Alice in Wonderland as she jumped feet first down the rabbit hole.
Happy Wednesday!

georgie

1 comment:

  1. Georgie,
    Jerry from Aspen Carpet Designs here. Stumbled on your blog and I see the Beach House rug in your room. It looks great! May I use that picture on our webpage where we show the Beach House rug being used by our clients?

    ReplyDelete