May 3, 2011

Ode to be an Inn Keeper

Okay, in my wonderland world I would be an Inn Keeper. My little Sister would be the cook


and I would do the housekeeping, because I love cleaning.


This past December Rachel Ashwell of Shabby Chic, did just that in


Round Top, Texas.




This rustic dog trot house is one of the cottages on her Texan Ranch. One of my favorites. But there are several cottages on the property ready for her to put
her Shabby Chic touch to it.





This is what it looks like inside.






What I love about the 1880 era are the metal roofs, even down to
the rust. We are fortunate to live in the foothills and near historical areas. One area that I adore is what we call the Gold Hill area. There are many Old Homesteads that are polk-a-dotted all over the hills. I have even gone so far as looking up on Public records to find out who the current owners are. I was talking to my real estate friend about how I could approach some of them to see if they were interested in ever selling their home. She said that isn't uncommon. She said she has had clients interested in a certain home that wasn't on the market and they had her approach the owners if they were ever interesting in selling their home to contact her. She told me I could do the same by sending a note by mail to the homeowners and letting them know my interest. I may do that if I can get the gumption.




See Ya'll soon




"georgie"












No comments:

Post a Comment