May 4, 2011

The Spirit of Revelation

I've been pondering a lot about revelation lately. I just re-read


David A Bednar's


talk "The Spirit of Revelation". http://lds.org/general-conference/2011/04/the-spirit-of-revelation?lang=eng His talk is a great tutorial on


how and when one can receive and recognize revelation. Recently I had an experience of this.


It wasn't until my experience came full circle that I can look back on two separate occasions about


8 or 9 months apart, that I was receiving a prompting and the Holy Ghost was telling me something.


However I didn't want to hear it and I pushed it out of my mind out of fear and self doubt of my own inadequacies and circumstances. I don't think I'm unusual and I don't think I'm the exception.


However I do wonder why is it when I'm the one seeking for the answers to my prayers, the answers


and promptings don't always come on my time line. For some of my prayers, I'm still waiting, and waiting.


If not for hope and faith I am still waiting. For the earlier experience, I wasn't seeking anything, but


someone up there wanted me to know that something was coming.


If it wasn't for my faith in a loving Heavenly Father, I


am still standing. I am still hopeful. I choose to keep on


keepin on. It's not a race but a journey I remind myself. I hope I make it.


Happy Cinco de Mayo


georgie

No comments:

Post a Comment