May 23, 2011

Wedding Planner take 1


I am very excited to share with you pictures of a wedding reception that my friend Jessica and I planned and decorated for. It was extra special because the Bride is Jessica's sister-in-law and my long time dear friend's daughter. And the Groom is also a dear friend of ours so it is doubly special. My only disclaimer is my camera isn't very good and I am no expertise when it comes to photography. I hope that you enjoy them. I am hoping to also use some of another friend's pictures who was their photographer because she will probably show off the decorations even better.The bench that they are sitting on was borrowed from a friend and between Jessica's fabrics,borrowed cushions and my Throw pillows it became a great sitting area for picture taking. Notice the hanging mason jar lanterns, Those were masterfully put up by Jessica's handy husband Will. Thanks to him and his brother Joe they hung mason jar lanterns all around the reception area

So the back story is, this is Dolly's vintage suitcase that held the sign in book made by her new husband's Aunt. The desk/old sewing table was a great find from a Goodwill store that I picked up for only $5.00. I painted it "Billowing Blue" by Benjamin Moore. Best deal ever!
This table was also Dolly's that she picked up from a flower shop that was moving and she said they had it out on their sidewalk for "Free". Yes Free! I picked up the White shelf from a local Flower shop a while back and just held on to it until I could use it for such purposes as this. I had the dried Lavender and it just came together.

Here are two of the Bride's maids, Diana and my daughter, Mackenzie. Diana is responsible for picking all the wild flowers. We purchased some of the flowers and then combined them with all the beautiful wildflowers that Diana and friends picked from our local foothills. They really made the wedding and reception just gorgeous.


All of the beautiful centerpieces were lovingly made by the Bride's sisters Glory and Amy and friends. The Wedding Party's bouqets were made by Diana.
Diana, Dolly "Bride",Alyssa and Mackenzie

This Wedding Cake was just amazing, not only can Jessica decorate, she also make's Wedding Cakes and this cake was spectacular! The cake pedestal was made by the Bride's Father. Just another great touch to the Bohemian feel.
Myself, Bride Dolly and daughters Mackenzie and Cecelia.
Myself, Dolly and her mom, my good friend Claudia, it was such a beautiful day!
This was the desk "before".

This was it "After". My little DY Project.

It was a very nice evening and it couldn't have happened without the many helpers from both respective Wards by both the Bride and Groom. Congratulations Tyler and Dolly!
If you like this post, I would love for you to comment and become
a follower of "Feels like home to me".
Take care
"georgie"












1 comment:

  1. Pasty!!! I can't thank or tell you enough what a magical night you created for my baby sister. It was right out of a woodland fairy tale. Everything was just perfect!!! Love you xoxo So excited for the next wedding. You have got a gift at making anything beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I hope you don't mind if I make a link to your blog from mine when I post about this night!!

    ReplyDelete