Aug 29, 2009

Yard Sale/Family Dinner day 6#

Just got back from a family dinner at my sisters. It was nice to see my visiting mom and aunt there and my older sister as well. Best of all was the wonderful dinner my little sister made. Sisters are the best! She made a great meal for everyone and then made me a special dinner that fits my program. Just for me, she's really great and I love her for that. I even got to take the left overs home for my meals tomorrow.
So lets get my menu out of the way:
BREAKFAST: 1.5 OZ protein with flavored freeze
AM snack: 1 apple
LUNCH: 2 oz sliced steak, over spinach salad and my homemade salsa, I added some hot sauce too. It was very tasty!!
PM snack 1 Grissini bread stick
DINNER: **THE BEST YET**, ground chicken crumbled and cooked mixed in with chopped stewed tomatoes Italian style and spices over steamed spaghetti cut zucchini. Sooooo good and very filling.
Late snack: 1 grissini bread stick with 1 apple.
** Note you're suppose to have 2 Grissini bread sticks and 2 servings of fruit a day, so I had to squeeze it in tonight.
So today I had a yard sale, it doesn't take a lot of organization, the night before I went around making a list of what I wanted to sell. I got up around 6:30am, drank my Breakfast as David and I were loading up the truck with our stuff. The truck was full but when we got the stuff unloaded at the end of the driveway it didn't look like much. Oh well. Well we live on a road that's well traveled. I didn't even get my sign out yet, when cars were stopping. It was pretty great. My first sale was a couple of green padded chairs, the guy bought them at full price. Woohoo! The next guy haggled me a little for the next set of chairs with red seats, but I didn't care, I just wanted to get rid of them. Anyway I was pretty pleased at myself, so what does one do? but text her kids to tell them how much you have made in the little time it's been. I was told I text ed them around 7 times. Every time I made a sale I text ed them, for example: just made $25, have made $52 total, $6!,$7! and so forth. One of my children text ed me back, "Mom you are taking all my text space for nothing of importance". I text ed her back and told her okay. Well, what am I suppose to do in between customers? I can't leave. It's amazing what people will buy. So things were progressing pretty quick, and David was seeing this, so he would go back to the house and scrounge around, find more stuff fill the truck and bring it out to me. Almost everything he brought out after our original stuff, sold! We told ourselves that we would end at 1pm. At 1pm a lady came by, saw that we were selling a twin mattress set, bought it on the spot for my asking price. So because I'm so kind I threw in some extra stuff, which she gladly took. Our final tally $193. Cece said "Is that all?" What do you mean, is that all? I think that's fantastic. I got rid of alot of stuff we don't use and didn't want and got something for it. I'm pleased. I love my digital scale!! As long as numbers are going in the downward direction, I love it. Today was a good day I lost another 1 lb and a half. I probably sweated it off because it was so hot today. And because you all know this, it really helps me to not flake out and it keeps me accountable whether you know it or not. I cannot let you down or myself for that matter. I can't, I mustn't. Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. A'hem, first of all I would like to say that because no response to text 4 was given, a call proceeded it...which, in turn, woke me up. I'm glad you made so much though! I wish I could of seen grandma and the rest of the family too. My dinner for the siblings turned out well; everyone (hopefully) was satisfied. Maybe if you keep adding things about me in your posts I'll actually read them. :) I love you. Keep doing great!

    love, m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the success of your yard sale - AND the weight loss! Your meals yesterday sound yummy! What a sweet sister you have!

    ReplyDelete