Apr 12, 2011

How USA are you?

You're a US citizen how much do you know about your country?


I was talking to a good friend of mine who is working on getting her citizenship and


in order to become one she tells me you must take the Citizenship test. There are


a 100 questions that you must know the answers to, however you


will only be tested on 6 to 10 of them. Here are a sampling of them, do you know


the answers? I didn't know a lot of the answers.

What country did we fight in the Revolutionary war?


Where does freedom of speech come from?


Can the Constitution be changed?


What do the stripes on the flag mean?


And these were the simpler ones.

Any way it made me think. Do our kids today get tested on


these fundamental questions about the country that we live in?


If they do, they don't get quizzed on them enough, come to think of it


we all don't. I'm not sure if I could get 6 out of 10 questions right.


This would be a great Family Home evening activity.


You can Pull up the questions on the internet and separate into teams and quiz each other.


It would not only be fun but everyone would learn a little


something of this Good O'l USA


Happy Tuesday ☺

2 comments:

  1. I helped a friend study for her citizenship test a few years ago and realized how little I knew about my own country. I think every US citizen should take this test!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to brag, but I knew the answers to these questions. They were taught in school. In my personal opinion, I think parents could & should do a lot more to teach their children! If the parents don't know, then they should find out or learn together. Parents shouldn't just depend on schools to teach their kids, it's the parents responsibility to teach them as well. Amen. :)

    ReplyDelete