Apr 13, 2011

My Lilics



One of the nice advantages of having and old homestead are the vintage fruit trees and


flowers from days gone by. We have a grapevine that is over a 100 years old that


bears fruit evey year. Other fruit are our Plum trees that have never failed.


Not only do we have some old rose bushes but right outside my back door are


three Lilic trees.


If I have the kitchen window open you can smell the fragrance


of these purple lovelies. They are only a springtime bloom so I try to savor


them as much as possible. I'll make a bouquet, then once their done I'll go


out again and cut some more and replace the ones that died and so forth.


They don't last very long so I try to enjoy them as long as possible.


Kinda sad when you think of it.


C'est la vie.


No comments:

Post a Comment