Sep 9, 2009

At 17# Hump Day

This will be short and sweet. I just got back home and it's late. Cece and I went to Lincoln to say good bye to my Mom. We took pictures because we don't know when we will see mom again. Tonight I am melancholy. I was observing Mom in our conversations and as I was looking at her, I was thinking, she is in good health, she does take good care of herself as best as she can, but she is looking a little frail. She said she usually is excited about going back home, this time she isn't. She is thinking about what she is facing. I wish she didn't live so far away. There are 4 siblings left out of the nine, she is the youngest sister and the youngest brother, my uncle still live on the island among many nieces and nephews and extended family. They still go by a lot of the Samoan traditions I think that is what has kept them going. There is much respect for the elders, which I admire. I am missing her more this time, maybe it's because I feel that it won't be long before she is gone, I don't know. I'm sure she'll be fine. Just got Cece semi-packed for Dillon tomorrow. She loves going there with the Dillon Beach Gang, i.e Christensens, Hamps, Underwoods, Loveridges, Hawkins, Strayers and the rest. Thanks LH for giving her a ride, we appreciate it very much.
Well back to the program: I am proud to say I have lost 10.9 lbs. I do feel better. In just this little time, my hip joints don't hurt as much, I guess it is the extra weight. So today's menu:
BREAKFAST: Chocolate Freeze
AM snack: 1 apple
LUNCH: Taco salad, same as yesterday
PM snack: 1 oz of nuts
DINNER: Cabbage soup (my little sister made it tonight same recipe as before on my 9Th day) 0 to 20 calories. So since I had some calories to spare, on the way home I was able to eat a chicken soft taco at Taco Bell, but without eating the tortilla. Buenos Nochos.

No comments:

Post a Comment