Sep 4, 2009

Day 12# and it's Friday

So after not having a restful night, thanks to Caltrans working on our road til 3:30 in the morning, I forced myself to get up for my morning walk. Good walk, good walk. But for some reason I wasn't sure how my weigh in was going to be. I don't know why but I wasn't very sure. To my surprise, my great surprise, I lost a whole LB. It totally made my day, I had to call someone, so I called my little sister, I knew she would be happy for me. I guess I'll share, I have lost eight pounds since I started 12 days ago. I was so elated. I know it's not much, but it just made my day.
Today's menu:
BREAKFAST: Chocolate Freeze, 1 Grissini bread stick and 1 oz of beef jerky.
AM snack: 1 apple
LUNCH: My cigar shaped 97/3, 2.5 oz lean hamburger wrapped in butter lettuce, with mustard and a little hot sauce with a dill pickle spear all topped with sauteed onions and mushrooms. This is one of my favorites.
DINNER: Cabbage soup, some broccoli and 1 Grissini bread stick
DESSERT: Chocolate freeze, but with a twist, I took 3 scoops equaling 2 oz of cottage cheese, some carbonated water, 2 spoonfuls of the Walden's chocolate syrup and crushed ice. This made it taste really creamy and took care of my protein. Very filling and again guilt free, the only calories in it, is the cottage cheese. Which I needed to fulfill my calorie intake.

I'm learning a lot with food and calories, this has been very educational. Today is a new day. I have eight days left. Then onto the maintenance portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment