Sep 5, 2009

Lucky 13# & it's also a FULL Moon tonight

So, I had a better sleep last night. No Caltrans. I love it when it is cool at night, we leave our bedroom windows open and let the breeze flow thru. I just love the coolness of the air blowing by my face as I'm cuddled nice and warm under the covers. I even threw our down comforter over me. Don't you just love your bed? I do. Sometimes when I get into it and move my legs back and forth, side to side I give thanks that I have a warm bed to sleep in and a roof over our heads. It truly makes me feel grateful. That may be kind of corny. But it's true. So I got up first thing and went and weighed myself, cuz first things first, right? I was thrilled that I lost 8 more ounces. Hey, an ounce is an ounce, it made me go into the next lower number. I knew exactly what I was going to have for breakfast. The one thing about this program is that you're consumed with thoughts of food. But, you have to make yourself think of what you are going to eat. You can't just mindlessly throw anything in your mouth. It does make you conscientious of what you put in your mouth. It is a lot of work. When I was young and had a metabolism that ran endlessly I didn't have a care in the world of what and how much I ate. That is definitely not the case now at this age. It's like, okay once I put this (whatever) in my mouth am I going to do enough activity to burn the calories so it doesn't become more fat on my body? Because how many of us have clothes in our closet that we would love to wear but can't fit in them? I mean, my wardrobe would be so much bigger if I could fit in more than half of them. It's so frustrating. And I can't afford to keep buying bigger clothes. I'm wearing what I can fit in more frequently and they are starting to wear out. It's a quandary. So today's menu:
BREAKFAST: 1 whole egg & 3 egg whites scrambled, add to sauteed onions and mushrooms and mix with added spices.
AM snack: 1 apple
LUNCH: cold shrimp tossed in chopped tomatoes & horseradish topped over spring mix lettuce and spinach
DINNER: 3.5 oz 97/3 lean ground hamburger with sauteed onions & mushrooms with garlic, salt,pepper,Italian seasonings, basil with 2 T of cooking wine (only 20 cal) and let simmer. Top this over steamed spaghetti-cut zucchini. Very very tasty.
DESSERT: 6 strawberries dipped in Walden's 0 calorie chocolate syrup. Sooo good.
Well it's a full moon tonight, we may take a little walk to watch the moon. Good night y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment