Sep 7, 2009

Day 15# Monday Labor day

This day was good until a half hour ago. First, this morning we got up and walked around the Diamond Springs Big big Labor Day flea market. I wasn't looking for anything in particular it was just fun walking and people watching. There were so much stuff. Everyone seemed to be in a very good mood and people were buying. We got home by 10am and David started working on his project in the backyard. The day was pretty uneventful. Around 3:30pm I wanted to take a drive out near Coloma and the Gold Hill area. Sometimes you just have to get out. I love taking new roads that you have never taken before, and since I was driving David was my captive audience. As we were leaving Coloma I decided to drive up to Marshall's monument because you never know, it could be the last time we get to do this because of the threat of closing this Historical State Park. I can't believe they are even considering closing this Historical Place, after all this is where California began. This is why California became a state. Every elementary kid has come here for their California History field trip, me included. It would be so sad if they did. I read every sign, everything on the monument. I love love History. After we left Coloma we decided to take Thompson Hill Rd towards Lotus Rd. I love these old country roads it's real neat discovering things that you have never noticed or seen before. We switched back from Lotus Rd to Gold Hill Rd and then back to Hwy 49 back into Placerville. Have you ever read the monument across from the Little Red Shack? We did for the first time and I've lived here for 22 years. Again love love History. Came home and made homemade salsa. It's not fattening with the added oils and additives. Made David and Cece nachos. So here's the sad news. My mom found out this afternoon that her island had a great Rain storm which caused the waterfalls up on the mountain to flood and late Sunday the waters came down their road and flooded not only her house but her 2 rentals and my Uncles and almost all the relatives that live on their street. I feel so bad for my mom. She was trying to be strong until she shared with with my sister and brother-in-law and then she couldn't hold it any longer and she broke down. It made me cry. She had sacrificed so much and had just put so much money into her rental and now this. My uncle put her tenant up in a hotel because the house isn't live able. I don't know if any body else on island has as much flooding. I just hope that she gets help from the members in her ward or the family members that are there. She'll fly back to her home Sunday that's the next and soonest flight available. Needless to say, she and I won't be going together on our trip to see my aunt or my kids in Utah. I will go alone. All we can do is pray that the damage is repairable and not too costly. My mom has a lot of faith and I know that she will get through this. It makes my own problems or trials insignificant.
I will end here and log in my menu for record sake.
BREAKFAST: Hot chocolate: 1 T of unsweetened cocoa, 1 pkg of stevia and hot water.
1 Grissini bread stick
AM snack: 1 apple
LUNCH: 2 chicken wraps: split 3.5 oz of chicken tenders lay each half on 2 butter leaf lettuce, top with mustard & hot sauce and top it all with sauteed onions and mushrooms w/some Bragg Amino all purpose seasonings.
DINNER: 3.5 OZ of ground chicken with Taco seasonings (this makes 2 tacos) lay in butter leaf lettuce and top with homemade salsa.
DESSERT: sliced strawberries in a bowl, sprinkle 1 pkg of stevia and mix and drizzle with some Walden's 0 calorie Chocolate syrup.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about the flood. Your poor mom. She must be so worried. I hope she'll be able to get the help she needs to repair the damage. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tami. I feel bad, because besides a small retirement her rentals supplements her income and she is getting older and not as strong as she use to.

    ReplyDelete