Sep 1, 2009

Day 9# Soooo Good

You may already know about these seasonings or condiments, but I have just found out about them and I absolutely love them. Because they are 0 calories. They are Braggs Liquid Aminos All Purpose Seasonings and Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar. The Braggs Seasonings is kind of like soy sauce but it is a vegetable protein. It adds such great flavor to recipes. The Braggs cider is great for dressings recipes. Some other great additives is "I can't believe it's not butter spray" and Butter flavored Pam spray. All of these make some of the recipes that I'm using so flavorful that you feel guilty using, but don't because they are absolutely 0 in calories. Even though the scale didn't budge this morning I am very hopeful. I read from a Blog from others that are doing this same program last night that I may not have been drinking enough and not eating enough calories. So I worked on this today. I found some really great recipes on this Blog and I made a couple of them today. By using these new seasonings it really made a difference. I was thinking, I actually think I can do this. So here is today's menu:
BREAKFAST: Grapefruit Freeze
AM snack: 1 Grissini Bread stick
LUNCH: *NEW RECIPE Sauteed Chicken wraps: Spray butter flavored Pam in a nonstick pan and saute sliced onions, add 3.5 oz chicken pieces and flavor with Braggs Seasoning, take Butter Lettuce and put half of chicken mixture in a butter Lettuce leaf and wrap. Recipes makes 2 Chicken wraps. Serve with 3.5 oz of sliced cucumbers in Braggs apple cider vinegar & 1/2 c of water that is flavored with 1 pkg of Stevia and some salt and pepper. Very Refreshing.
DINNER: *NEW RECIPE,Cabbage soup. Note** You can eat all you want of the soup, you will get full fast. In a big Pot break down a couple of heads of cabbage add low fat chicken broth. Add Garlic,some onions,Braggs Amino Acid, a couple of pkgs of Stevia or Splenda to sweeten and add some Cayenne Pepper to taste. On the side add to your individual bowl 3.5 oz of cooked chicken breasts pieces. I added a little more hot sauce to my own bowl. How I know it is good, Cece ate 3 bowls of the Cabbage soup. She said the texture is good not to mention that it is vegetarian and she like the bite from the heat. It's kind of like hot and spicy Chinese soup.
DESSERT: Spray a pie pan ( I use a glass pan) with Buttered flavored Pam, Slice 1 apple and spread in pan. Crush 1 Grissini Bread stick over the apples and spray "I can't believe it's not butter" over mixture then sprinkle 1 pkg of Stevia mixed with Cinnamon over mixture, bake at 375 for 20 minutes. This was better than the first time I made this. It's because of the Buttered flavored spray. This is a guilt-free dessert. It is so good, I just can't believe it myself. I have learned a lot just in this little bit of time. The blog that I have been following is helping me learn about foods and how they work and how to eat healthy. It's like we know what we need to do, we have the tools. The hardest part, is just applying them. It's a journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment